Thursday, October 1, 2009

accidentally in love with this salad

Say goodbye to old, boring tunafish, and say hello to my new favorite quicky salad. It is so yummy! I know it seems weird, but it is so good!

I start by juicing 2 lemons into a large mixing bowl, and whisk in a couple of hefty tablespoons of good dijon mustard. Then whisk in a few tablespoons of olive oil. Add fresh black pepper, a little crushed red pepper, and Italian seasoning if you have it. There's your dressing.

Next, drain one can of white tuna and add that to the bowl. Also drain & rinse a can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans (I'm pretty sure they are the same thing), and add those to the bowl. Dice 2 small celery stalks, 1 zucchini and one small onion all very fine. Add those to the bowl. Stir everything to combine and serve it over spinach leaves. Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

carolina postcard said...

ok - this is really weird! I just saw this tuna & chick pea salad idea on a blog and got out the ingredients last night to make for lunch today! I mean, I know we have a weird thing going because we spend a lot a time together, but man - very weird timing!