Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Perfect Piña Colada - REVISED

One of my favorite beachside cocktails is the piña colada. I've already posted one blog giving my recipe for the perfect Piña, but I am here to say that I've found a few revisions to that recipe. My sister, Chelsea, and I share a love of this tasty treat. During our trip we had the best one that I've ever had at Blue Heaven, a fabulous Key West original. If you like piña coladas too, then go to Blue Heaven. You don't have to die to get there! Ha ha ha.

The bartender shared his secrets with us and Chelsea and I tried to duplicate the recipe the next day - supurb!!

The ambiance in Blue Heaven is so great.

BLUE HEAVEN PIñA COLADA

Cruzan coconut rum
Cruzan pinapple rum
fresh pinapple juice
2 tablespoons of creme de coconut
Cruzan Black Strap rum

Pour all ingredients over plenty of ice and blend for a really long time until smooth and creamy. After putting it in the glass, each drink gets a "topper" of the black strap rum. It is rich and luxurious and adds a certain something that is undeniably good.

Me with my Piña
Chelsea with her Piña
Our friend, Bill Bickley, with his... fabuloso!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Blue Heaven...do they still have the tire swing? John had fun on the tire swing one night. Key West is one of my very favorite places.