Monday, December 1, 2008

Island Style Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving day lounging in the sun and reading. How perfect is that! Then we swam and kayacked before cooking later in the day.

This was the highlight of our supper... cedar smoked salmon on the grill. We served it with hollandaise sauce loaded with shrimp and crabmeat.

A plate of limes and fresh cilantro is a fabulous accompaniment to any fresh seafood.


My dressing balls. They are always a big hit. (recipe is in a previous post)

This is my version of a salad that my cousin brings to every holiday meal. My sister and I love this salad. The highlight is the stuffed artichoke hearts. They are simply stuffed with a combination of cream cheese and a little mayo whipped together. So good!!

Hard to see by the candlelight, but our Thanksgiving dinner was fantastic! Wood-smoked salmon topped with crab & shrimp hollandaise sauce, roasted brussels sprouts and asparagus, spaghetti squash, oyster dressing, and yummy stuffed artichoke salad. Now that's an island style holiday meal!

This is my sister's beautiful "Crazy Cudjoe Coconut Cake" drenched in delectable dark rum. It was a huge hit!

No comments: