Monday, August 1, 2011

organic farmer in the city

I was determined to get a little garden going this year, even if my yard is very small and doesn't get full sun. It is working out quite nicely! I am so excited about my tomatoes! And I think they are just getting started. My cherry tomato plant is nearly 8' tall. Basil, parsley, chives, rosemary, thyme! So nice to be able to cook fresh! My bruschetta recipe is so simple, but it will knock your socks off. Try it while everything is still in season!

BRUSCHETTA: Slice and toast a french baguette. While still warm, rub with garlic cloves and sprinkle with salt & pepper. In a bowl combine 3 or 4 large ripe diced tomatoes, 2 cloves of garlic,  a handful of chopped fresh basil, 2 tablespoons each of extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar, salt & pepper to taste. Serve tomato mixture in the bowl with the toast on the side. Let your guests serve their own so the juices can soak into the bread, but don't stick around long enough to mess up that CRUNCH of the crisp bread! YUM!!





1 comment:

Ceri said...

OMG! How do you keep the squirrels away? I gave up on my tomatoes weeks ago:/