Monday, August 10, 2009

worldly ingredients, right down the road




My mother has been telling me for a while now to visit K & S World Market on Charlotte Avenue here in Nashville. I finally went the other day and was so pleasantly surprised at what I found. That place is really cool! Not only can you see things that you've never seen before, but they have great fresh produce, and very affordable. It is a bit disheartening at first, due to the immediate burst of overwhelming fish aroma as soon as you walk through the door. But there is a good reason for that... they carry a lot of fresh fish. Any by a lot I mean the entire back wall of the place is loaded with seafood varieties, some even swimming in tanks. How fresh is that?! I was able to get avocados for $1.29, where they are $2.25 most everywhere else. Now, some of you may not have time to run all over town just to save a buck. I say go for the adventure of it. I just got produce this time, but next time... I'm trying one of the fish! I just have to check with Julia and see which one she recommends I try first.

No comments: