Wednesday, April 29, 2009

more sushi please!




I have been making sushi like crazy lately. I love it! I also get a little thing of saki to have with my sushi and it just sets the mood. Sippin' on a little saki while I try to create beautiful little rolls to share and enjoy surely makes them taste better. I make mine vegetarian, but the possibilities are endless. These have carrots, cabbage, cream cheese, and avocado.

Here are a few tips that I've learned through all of my sushi practice as of late...
1. Use wasabi sauce (sauce, not paste) as the sealer for your roll. Brush the dry part with the sauce before rolling.
2. Use a very sharp knife for cutting and be slow and steady about it.
3. Variety. There's something so exciting about lots of little multi-colored rolls! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really want to try my hand at sushi...your photos are great and I like the new header too.